Sunday, May 18, 2014

This week in biology we presented our classification projects. I done my project on trees. I learned many things about trees and various ways to classify them and learn their names. I got many of my leaves from the beach when I went on vacation. I know no one else will have a palm tree leaf! I also got most of my apple tree leaves from my grandpas field where there are many different kinds of apple trees. I got most of my birch and pines from the woods around my house. And even the rhododendron tree from in-front of my house. Other places i got the leaves were the Parkway and at Crouse park.This was not a very challenging project but took a lot of effort and thinking. I started doing my project on cows but came 4 short of having the minimum of 30 different species. I wanted to get an "A" on the project and in order to do that I had to have at least 30 different cows. I am very interested in cows so I would have loved to do that! I was also allowed to do cross-bred cows so that helped me out some but still 4 short. I have yet to present my project but hope to receive greater than a "B".  The picture is one off of my grandpas land.

No comments:

Post a Comment